- To share your vision, mission, and core values with potential visitors. (hcfchurch.org/visitors/core-values) Often the first place that people look for a church today is in the internet. Pages with your mission, vision, and core values communicate what is important to your church to potential visitors and are also a source of teaching and testimony for Christians and those wanting to found out more about Christ.
- To display photos of church events. (newhopebc-sac.org/multi-media/photo-gallery) Along with keeping people up to date about what is happening, church websites are a great place for displaying some of the fun and exciting things that have happened. Just like a family, memories are one way a church community stays close. Photo galleries help keep the memories alive.
- To provide a place for people to ask others for pray (newhopewaimea.org/component/rsform/form/3-prayer-request?task=forms.edit) Many churches have active prayer ministries and intercessory teams. The church website can be a great place for those in need of prayer to contact them and pass their prayer needs along. The online forms provided by Trinity Web Hosting can automatically send form input out to multiple addresses or one address which will forward to several addresses. Websites are great for information and communication, and these are important parts of a prayer ministry.
- To post a Pastor's blog or other blog (shallow-well.org/index.php/pastorsblog) Blogging is one of the greatest communication and interaction tools of the internet. Blogs do take commitment, but websites with blogs almost always get ranked higher than other similar sites because they have a constant flow of new content, and because people go to those sites to see the new content. Much more than just a great tool for search engine ranking, blogs are way tool for minstry--to proclaim, minister, and testify to others about what God has put on your heart to share.
- To register online for chuch events (wildernesschurch.org/mens-breakfast) The church website is a great, central place accessible to everyone to register for retreats, breakfasts, summer programs, classes, bible schools, just about anything. Trinity Web Hosting provides a form builder for any registration purpose and registration records are kept online and can be emailed as they come in as well.
These are just 10 of the ways churches are using their websites. There are, of course, countless more. Please contact us if you are interested in any of them or anything else you'd like to do with your church website.